Thursday 31 May 2007

A gift for Tilly

So I noticed that I have been too busy with wedding-type-things to post any FO's, and as this professes to be a blog mainly about knitting-type-stuff I thought I better get some knitting news posted!

So here it is, my Debbie Bliss Eyelet Vest knit, not in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, but in Rowan Soft Lux instead. It's beautifully sparkly and I must say I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.

I am very much hoping to meet the beautiful little lady who this will belong to at the weekend. Matilda is her name and she is just over one whole month old now, bless her baby cashmerino socks!

...and just to prove that Scotland does in fact see the sun every once in a while, here is a lovely pic of the vest with sunny flowery shadows cast upon it in an arty-type-styley

...a close-up of the lovely chocolate coloured ribbon that contrasts nicely with the 'ciel' yarn

...and a close-up of the lovely pearl detail button on the back of the vest.

I love this pattern, it's a quick knit, but enjoyable and satisfying, will def be making another one for girl baby no. 2 due to another friend in June

...and finally a pic of the pretty fuschia bush in the scottish sun just because!

2 comments:

Pinneguri said...

So you are getting married this year too? Me too, and we are going to Scotland for our honymoon ;) First of all to climb Ben Nevis (...), and the plan is also to buy some of your wonderful yarn (even though I have not told my husband-to-be just that ;p)

I hope you'll will have a beautiful wedding - and marriage :D

Pinneguri said...

Forgot to mention: Also on the 11 of August. But in Norway ;)