Monday 4 June 2007

Baudelaire - Les Fleurs du mal in pattern


So here are my Baudelaire socks, a work in progress, albeit slow progress because I seem to have no time to sit down and relax and enjoy working up the pattern (though I enjoy it all the more when I do find some time!). I am knitting them up in lovely Rowan Bamboo Soft in Moonstone and Cream, which is probably making them knit up that little bit bigger, but they are destined to be the most luxurious bed socks ever! This is my first pair of socks for myself and so it's a learning curve regarding gauge and sizing, but it's all good! The yarn was originally meant for a knitted garter for myself and my upcoming nuptials, but I couldn't find the perfect pattern and was desperate to start knitting the yarn up regardless because it's SOOOOOOO soft! I will find another yarn for my garter, and a nice lace pattern for said garter soon....any suggestions welcome!! Thanks x


"un nouveau frisson" indeed!

No comments: