Monday 28 May 2007

My KCS Pal rocks!!

I haven't been able to post about this until now, it's been a hectic weekend...but look what arrived on Saturday!


The postie knocked on the door while I was dashing about getting ready to leave and photograph a wedding, I was quite nervous because it's the first work I've done since having my wee boy, I was in such a flap that I couldn't even think what was being delivered, I was sure I hadn't ordered anything! Then I saw the customs label and the return address and realised exactly what it was! My Knitter's Coffee Swap package! Had to stop myself from ripping into it straight away before I found the camera... and boy was there a lot to photograph - my swap partner Diane has thoroughly spoiled me!! Thank you so much D, I love it all and am overwhelmed by your generosity. Here are some shots of all the goodies...


Two fabulous packets of locally roasted beans from Peet's, they smell fantastic! I am planning on filling the Cafetière up tomorrow afternoon, putting my feet up, getting on with my Baudelaire socks and enjoying a lovely cup of Aged Sumatra AND a wee bit of dark chocolate AND maybe a couple of Stroopwafels too!


So much yummy yarn! Two skeins of some beautiful Koigu Painter's Palette Premium Merino which D tells me is made by a mother & daughter in Canada, can't wait to knit this into a lovely pair of socks (aah my sock addiction has begun!) The colours are so gorgeously muted and vintage and I don't know if the computer screen can really do them justice,


...and more yarn...3 balls of Rowan Wool Cotton in a beautiful blue which I definitely will knit up into something fab for the wee man!


...and there's more! Two bars of Scharffen Berger fine artisan dark chocolate, which is locally made in CA and tastes scrumptious *munching on a large chunk as she types*


...and more chocolate! Two bars of Unique Origin chocolate, one made with cocoa from Venezuela and the other with cocoa from Ecuador. I'm looking forward to tasting these, I know from experience that chocolate made from just one type of cocoa bean has a very distinctive flavour so these are definitely to be savoured!


And to quote D, "in case you want a change from the chocolate - try the 'stropes'." I can't believe I got a pack of mini Stroopwafels too! And I hadn't even mentioned to D that I have family in the Netherlands and was taught by them how to rest my Stroopwafel on top of my cup of hot tea/coffee and let it sit for a minute before eating it, (so as the caramel goes all gooey between the waffles!!). I LOOOVE STROOPWAFELS!

...and there's still more to come! Some lovely hand salve, again it's made locally to where D stays (on Bonny Doon Farm - which actually sounds very Scottish!), and if only you could transfer the lovely aromas via the computer screen because this is so lush! A beautiful lemon scent and it's non-greasy so perfect for knitter's hands!

...and last but definitely not least some beautiful stitch markers, they're gorgeous and I'm popping them on my Baudelaire needles because they're far nicer than the one's I'm using currently!

I can't say it enough but thank you, thank you, thank you (and Danke, danke, danke!) Diane, you put a wonderful package together for me and it arrived at such a fantastic time, made me completely forget my nerves with regards to the wedding photos, though I didn't really want to rush of and shoot them afterwards, I would have much rather stayed and sat knitting and drinking coffee all afternoon!!

I hope you like your package as much as I like mine, and I hope it arrives with you v soon.

And now I'm all out of superlatives so I'm going to stop typing and go do some knitting!

3 comments:

blopeep said...

Every now and then I get it right. :-) No, I had no idea about the stropes and while the mini ones don't balance on your coffee mug - they're definitely less guilt-inducing. ENJOY!!!

StarKnits said...

OH wow you sure got spoiled! what a wonderful swap this has been your package is wonderful.

StarKnits said...

ps i'm so jealous of the dark chocolate! i love dark chocolate!