Thursday 24 May 2007

my fabulous hen!

So, the dress in action! The classiness was lost slightly by the trademark "L" plates that a bride-to-be is typically adorned with but I was happy to go along with it, every one of my hens put in so much effort and we had a fabulous night. Even mother hen was on top form for a good evening (spot her to the left in the background of the pic on the far right!). Then you see myself and two of my fantastic bridesmaids who both made speeches during the meal and made me bubble like a little girl! The performance of Chicago at His Majesty's Theatre was beyond brilliant, I loved it, so much! We got a lot of looks in the dress circle from the other theatre goers, I can only assume they were jealous of our fabulous costumery and also the fact that we had the best seats in the house (it pays to have a bridesmaid who works for the marketing department of the theatre who was able to reserve our seats nearly a year in advance!!)

...and here you see the beautiful brideS-to-be, this is my cousin Lynsey, she gets married 2 weeks before me in the same church in St. Andrews. It's going to be a great year for family and parties! She helped me dance until the wee small hours and I've just received an email from her bridesmaids inviting me along for her hen where I can return the favour! Can't wait!!

...finally a pic of most of my wonderful hens celebrating after the theatre with a G&T in Under the Hammer (missing from this pic are Mother Hen, Auntie Babs, Auntie Sus and the delightful Viv. We let them rest their weary legs in the only free seats so they could knock back a nice glass of vino while we waited for our table at the Stage Door to be made ready for us.)

Thank you to all (especially my lovely maids), the evening exceded all my expectations and I'll treasure it for always.


No comments: