Sunday 22 April 2007

lazy days and sundays

What a lazy day! Complete joy, stayed in my pyjamas until after 4pm! ...and in a before-the-baby-arrived-pyjama-day kind of way, not just because I didn't have a chance to actually get dressed!

Ahhhh! Lounging on the sofa with my chum, chatting, drinking coffee, googling everything that we didn't know the answer too, (including where on earth we knew the actor who plays Ryan's dad in the O.C. from, eventually finding out that of course he was Hercules! Who could forget that loin cloth, honestly?!)

Anyway, this lazy Sunday I decided it was time to take a step away from the easy and move onto a bigger (albeit only slightly bigger) project than simply baby socks, booties and hats! I have done so before, but being slightly impatient about finishing projects I tend to shy away from casting on the cardie I love the look of, or the cute, yet complex baby jumper for fear I shall never get them finished. Today I raided my stash and pulled out a couple of balls of Rowan Soft Lux in Ciel (which I think they have now discontinued) and decided to start this cute "Eyelet Vest" from my Debbie Bliss 'Special Knits' book...


...yes I know I should really be knitting it with some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (seen as it is one of her patterns & because it's what the pattern calls for!), but I didn't have enough in my stash and the aforementioned lazy pyjama day meant I couldn't possibly go out and purchase any, also I rarely pay attention to the yarn I'm meant to use and just use the stuff I want to. I must say I'm quite pleased with the way it's knitting up, and the little silver sparkle in it will look v lovely on one of the baby bumps that a couple of my friends are cultivating just now!

Fingers & toes crossed that I manage to finish it sometime ever!

No comments: